Parents Role as Educators
"Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children. They bear witness to this responsibility first by creating a home where tenderness, forgiveness, respect, fidelity, and service are the rule."
-- Catechism of the Catholic Church
Parents play an integral role at Holy Spirit Parish School and are true partners in the process of education. Holy Spirit Parish School parents work to...
- Be role models for generosity, service, spirituality and other positive values.
- Give our children the most complete school experience possible.
- Ensure opportunities for our children to grow.
- Facilitate enriching experiences for children and families.
- Develop positive relationships within the community.
- Generate school spirit and respect.
Our parents generously contribute their time, talent and treasure to help make Holy Spirit Parish School the wonderful place we know it to be. All parents make a commitment to volunteer at least 25 hours (10 fundraising and 15 non-fundraising) a year of their time to the school. Each family will participate in the scrip program at a level of $2,000 per year. Scrip participation options are Raleys/Belair, Nugget, Target, Safeway, escrip.com, and other gift cards available in the school office. To bypass the scrip commitment each family is required to pay $150 to the scrip program.