(Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) comes to Holy Spirit Parish School. In preparation for our STEM building project, we are continuing to grow and enhance the STEM curriculum. Ms. Picken, HSPS STEM coordinator, is a trained and certified Project Lead the Way (PLTW) instructor as is Mrs. Faires and Mr. Maestretti. Mr. Reyer is in the process of being trained.
In a technology-based society, technology is ever changing. It’s also utilized in every aspect of our lives. STEM knowledge is vital for all students. It allows students to be innovative. STEM helps to transform new ideas into inventions. It fosters creativity and students benefit from creativity!
Lastly, STEM encourages students to be critical and analytical thinkers as they prepare to meet the challenges and be successful in the 21st century! Check out our Facebook page.
- Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential
- BA Child Development
- Six years experience teaching math, technology, and science
- Project Lead The Way Lead Teacher
- Two years experience leading and supporting STEM teachers
- One year experience as a Middle School Activities Director
Ann Marie Faires M.A.Ed.
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW-nationally recognized STEM program) trained and UC Chico credits
- Qualified to train teachers in STEM at elementary school level
- Four years experience training teachers at the elementary level
- Two years working and training teachers at Holy Spirit
- Teaching major math and experience teaching high school math
- Taught junior high computer science for three years
- Project Lead the Way Certification
- Master's Degree, Sport Science (Kinesiology)
- Taught four years middle school science
- Taught two years elementary science
- Chemistry credential (1998-2023)
- Working on a supplemental credential authorization for biological sciences
- 15+ years teaching high school chemistry
- Five years of teaching high school Physical Science
- One year each of teaching high school AP Chemistry and Biology
- 17+ years teaching middle school science
- Lead instructor for Jesuit High School chemistry department (summer sessions) for nine years
- Crafted or augmented 75+ labs and projects for use by students for grades 5-12, including The Element Project, The Game board Project, and three specimen dissections, among many others