- About Us
- Our Faith
- Student Life
- BEARS Club
HSPS Uniform Store - Logo Wear
Land's End Uniforms Link - Preferred School Number: 900118068
Dennis Uniforms Link - School Code: UBUHSS
Please see the Parent/Student Handbook for specific guidelines regarding uniforms.
Student Uniform Requirements
A neat, clean, and tasteful appearance with well-groomed hair creates an atmosphere of confidence, respect, and learning. Moreover, it is an opportunity to uphold, reflect, and respect the dignity of the human person. In adhering to the Holy Spirit Parish School uniform and dress code, students practice the virtues of humility, modesty, obedience, and respect. It is the joint responsibility of parents and students to see that the uniform and dress code of the school is carried out daily. Every student is expected to be in proper uniform every school day unless otherwise authorized. The uniform should be neat, clean, and in good repair.
General Policy and Uniform Regulations
• Students must be in uniform starting the first day of school.
• Students should also practice proper hygiene daily.
• Uniforms must fit appropriately and modestly. NO “tight-fitting” clothing.
• Skirt, jumper, skort or short length may not be shorter than 3” (inches) from the top of the knee (repeat violations of skirt length may result in a requirement to wear pants instead of a skirt, jumper or skort).
• Non-Holy Spirit jackets or coats may be worn in addition to the uniform attire ONLY during to and from school and recess periods. They may not be worn in the classroom.
On occasion, non-uniform dress days will be declared (i.e., Free Dress days, dress in red days etc.):
• Modesty and simplicity are guiding principles for free dress.
• No extreme fads
• Jeans in good repair (with no holes, intentional or otherwise) will be acceptable.
• Pants of any kind must fit appropriately (i.e. not skin tight, no spandex and no skinny jeans).
• Pants should be worn at the waist (no sagging).
• Halters, tank tops, spaghetti straps, low necklines are not allowed. NO see-through shirts or midriff shirts (when arms are raised midriff must be covered).
• No loose baggy trousers, cutoffs, or bike shorts are allowed.
• Objectionable clothing displaying images (e.g., alcohol, tobacco, drugs, controversial rock groups, or themes) are not allowed.
• Flat soled shoes only; NO BOOTS.
• Sandals/ flip-flops are not allowed. • Socks must be worn at all times.
• If there is doubt as to what is appropriate, a plain T-shirt (w/ sleeves) and jeans in good repair should be acceptable.
• Shorts and skirts must adhere to the general guideline above: no shorter than 3 inches above the top of the knee.